7/13/08

Bored but Productive


My boys, living it up.

I guess I'm used to not having time to myself. This week has been pretty dry without Rose and the boys around. I'm supposed to be living it up, right?

Maybe I forgot how?

At any rate, with tons of help from my sainted parents, I managed to repaint our entire kitchen and family room this week (I still have the trim to do but who's counting?). It had been a little on the dark side so we brightened things up nicely. We love yellow, btw.

Oh yeah - and when I wasn't looking, my Mom straightened the basement and pulled out a bunch of weeds from our landscaping. How about Moms!

Today, I need to give my lawn some attention. I walked out there yesterday and I swore I heard it say to me, "Uh...new dude? We could really use a haircut out here. This is getting ridiculous. It's summer."

Bored yet? Sorry - I'm nothing without my kids to write about. They're great, by the way. Enjoying their vacation and all that the state of Vermont has to offer. I can't wait to see them and hear Vincent say, "Why is everything so yellow in here now?"

2 comments:

Brian Baughan said...

Jim,

You must be a proud father, brother. I know this is random, and this may not be the forum, but I believe I was I heard you on a recent podcast, (It) Sound(s) Opinions? Had to do some research to track you down (via Bennie Smith).

You picked a "Drive-by Truckers" song? Please tell me I'm not crazy.

Brian "Blast from Past" Baughan

Jim said...

BAWGGINS! MAN! How long has it been?! That was me! Lemme email you to talk about it.