6/14/07

Fancy Pants (and Shirts)!

I know it's a cliche among parents but the phrase "My child dresses better than I do" applies in this particular case.

Thanks to an Aunt Amy shopping spree, Peter now has a whole new set of fancy duds (photos to come - I don't have access to them from where I am. I'm in a bunker.) On top of that, Vincent got a brand new Donald Duck Pirate t-shirt. The kid loves pirates and Disney stuff so it was a slam dunk on Mommy's part. The crazy thing about the shirt is that when I went to help him put it on, I noticed that not only was it super soft but it was fitted and imprinted with a "Disney Couture" label. DISNEY COUTURE.

I did some research and found that Disney Couture makes kitschy Disney clothing for adults for the most part but must dabble in children's apparel. Now don't think I'm looking for a Disney kickback. I'm merely pointing out how nutso the children's clothing industry is. It also gives me the opportunity to thank all of our super-generous friends and family (Mom-Mom, Aunt Theresa, Nonna...) for making sure that Mommy & Daddy rarely have to think about buying these boys clothes. Thank the stars women like to shop.

No comments: