7/20/09

Green Mountain Week

I'm not gonna do too much talking here. We've finally gone through our Vermont photos and picked some favorites. I will provide captions to guide your journey. And off we go.

The cousins. The boys with cousin John. We have a feeling these three will be causing somewhat of a ruckus in the years to come.


At Shelburne Farms, being introduced to a calf. No they didn't ask to bring it home. The smell of farm animals in person tends to take the novelty away.


On-site learning with Nonna. Did I set this shot up? Maybe. That display was there, though. And yes, it's all varieties of animal poop. Daah Vermont.

Vermont Teddy Bear Factory, takin' in all in. If you're ever in the area, do the tour. It's free for kids and TWO DOLLARS for adults. Yeah yeah, I know the money's in the gift shop but seriously, TWO. DOLLARS.

Chillin' with John, again. Workin' on some chocolate milk.

We were here.

Pete, pointing things out on the muddiest strawberry picking patch ever with cousin Maria. They were delicious when cleaned, although I can't say dirty ones weren't consumed. One or two.
Rose - who had no qualms at all about hopping right into the mud. "We're here. Let's do it!"

Vincent and I, water feet portrait.

He sat here for about 5 seconds. He and John loved the front porch. It was like neither of them had ever seen one before. "Give us some rocks and some bubbles, and we're good. Go on ahead inside."

The daredevil. We're loving his long hair, btw.

Early morning. Pre-coffee, pre-orange juice, pre-happiness.

It looks like he's about to slide into oblivion.
And there you have it. If you can, you have to check out this state in the summer. Tons of stuff to do, great food (and beer), weather. I don't think we can let you stay with our amazing hosts, but you'll do fine on your own. One caveat - nearly every male has a beard. I'm kind of not kidding. Go Vermont!

5 comments:

Angela said...

Shelburne Farms, Charlotte Berries....Gosh, Brett Family why don't you just go and live the dream...geez.

Jim said...

Done and done, Angela.

Unknown said...

Those are really cool pics! I have not been to Vermont in a long time but I remember it as being beautiful!!!

Hope you are having a fun summer so far!

How come no beach pics??

Jim said...

Hey Susan,
In a couple of weeks, I'll have a plethora of beach pics. Believe you me.

Unknown said...

Did not mean to put pressure on you!!! As I recall you had very amusing stories from last year's trip. I know you are busy with work and the boys so no rush :)

You should go on Facebook and put them on there, too.