8/13/08

Our Quotable Sons

While on vacation, both of my sons gave us great submissions for Kids Say the Darndest Things, The PG-13 Version.

From his seat in a popular Ocean City breakfast spot, Peter was watching cars and trucks go by and letting us and everyone around us know about it. He would shout his own word that doubles for both "car" and "truck", which is kind of a combination of each. What was the word he was shouting?

"COCK!"

Full-voiced and clear as a bell.

"COCK!"

For all to hear as they ate their pancakes.

"COCK!"

And boy did he see a lot of cars and trucks outside.

Later on in the trip, Vincent, Auntie Kate and myself were playing a game where Kate and I would volley a giant ball onto the beach house's porch from the front yard, and Vincent would throw it back overboard. Unfortunately, after an errant throw, the ball pierced itself on some kind of razor sharp plant and tore open, rendering it useless.

So later we're walking with my parents to get ice cream and we pass a house with similar plants in it's front yard. Vincent stops suddenly, turns to my Mom and says,

"MOM-MOM! BE CAREFUL! THESE ARE THE KIND OF PLANTS THAT CUT YOUR BALLS!"


In more ways than one, buddy.


1 comment:

Kevin Regan said...

This reminds me of the time I lost control of my "COCK!" and took out a row of those things that cut your balls...I was ok, but my insurance went up.