10/15/07

Teeth, Fever, and Sickups



Boy did we feel like we earned more parent merit badges this weekend.

On Friday night when I got home from work, I picked up my smiling, drooling younger son only to have him promptly projectile spit-up down the front of me. (WARNING: THIS NEXT PART IS GROSS.) This included a few drips directly into my kisser. I don't gross out that easily with stuff like this and this time was no different. It's just that everyone else I told reacted like this:

"Ahoooooookaaaaay."


Vincent and Rosalie thought it was hilarious.


Vincent came down with a fever on Saturday afternoon (DAMN YOU PRESCHOOL!!!!). He slumped on the couch under 2 blankets and watched "Andy" (Annie -ed.). It stuck with him through Sunday and by bedtime was pretty high. He too joined the Upchuck Express which if you're keeping count, makes 2 kids, 2 throw-ups. He hadn't ever been that sick before so it was new for all of us. The fever broke overnight and after a few touch & go moments Monday morning, he's doing fine. Good thing we don't have a weight check this week. I don't think toast and watered-down grapefruit soda have a lot of calories.

Not to be outdone, Peter cut not one - but TWO teeth this weekend. Not surprisingly, he doesn't seem too phased by it either. "Teeth? Oh - these things busting through my super sensitive baby gums? No biggie."

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Poor babies! I hope they're feeling better soon.

JDizzle said...

Gross! I don't know how you parent-type people do this stuff.