5/30/07

How great is Dr. Seuss?

I mean, seriously. I put Vincent to bed every night and we usually top things off with a story or two. Now, don't think I'm a disinterested parent, but I've been known to yawn a few times during the process. It's 8ish, I've had a long day at work, I'm reading a book I've read 50 times - I know what's going to happen.

Just over the past few weeks, Vincent has gotten more into a couple of the good doctor's titles - Oh The Places You'll Go!, The Lorax, Green Eggs & Ham and If I Ran the Zoo specifically . Man are they great. We all know the stories are weird and great and incredibly imaginative, but the bonus is the language. It keeps me awake just trying to navigate through all the barbaloots and Zomba Ma Tants. I may have missed the boat on Dr. Seuss when I was younger because I don't remember a lot of the plots (So there's a Cat and he's in a Hat?! Get out of here!). So I've been enjoying revisiting all of these classics. Amazing how much they've held up.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What about Hop on Pop?

I'll be doing that the next time I see you!

Kevin Regan said...

I like that you've been publishing my comments all as anonymous. I wonder who you thought would be Hopping on Pop...I bet you knew.