1/26/09

You Say Chachi and I Say Chocky

I don't believe I ever explained where the name of your favorite blog came from. Here goes, so keep up.

Around the time I started writing it, one of Vincent's favorite beverages (still remains a favorite) was chocolate milk. Being 2 years old, he called it, "chachi milk." Pronounced like the Happy Days character. As in Joanie loves.

At the time, he was asking for it maybe 54 times a day so after being inspired by my friend Scott's blog, but not having a title in mind, I went with "chachi milk." Just idiosyncratic and silly enough to work.

Well of course, now that Peter is nearly two, possessing of advanced language skills and a lover of that revered beverage, we've got an alternate pronunciation. "Chocky milk." As in, rhymes with "Rocky silk."

What's a guy to do? Vincent has long since dropped his original pronunciation so "chocky milk" is really top of mind. I mean, Pete says it maybe 89 times a day. Example:

Me: "What do you want to drink, Peter?"

Peter: "Chocky milk."

Me: "Let's have something different. It's getting late and that has a lot of sugar."

P: (unwavering yet matter-of-factly) "Chocky milk."

Me: "How about plain milk?"

P: "CHOOOOCCKY MIILK!!!!!"

You see what I mean. Is this the end of an era? You decide.

Seriously. You decide for me. I can't.

12 comments:

Bald Ben said...

It is a quandary. However I have changed the name of my blog twice. Although I think it will remain what it is for sometime. When you got something you just have to go with it.

Anonymous said...

Just found this on the utube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkPh8As-y6E

u dont have to post

Unknown said...

You can't change the name of your blog. Are you crazy? Only people like Ben do that....

Jim said...

Oh but I did post it, Anonymous. Because it is awesome.

Jim said...

You've got a point, Kate. I don't want to be like him. Although he is my only "follower." Therefore, I love him.

Anonymous said...

You gotta keep it real. Stick with Chachi. -cb

Jim said...

Thanks, cb. I feel it.

Angela said...

While the issue seems to be settled, can I weigh in? While kudos to Peter for his verbal prowess, getting that vowel right where it counts, to me "Chachi Milk" is classic. It's funny and enigmatic and just a good time. So may I suggest the semi-colon for your blog too?
Chachi Milk: Keepin it chock solid since 2007
just thinking out loud here.

Hi Kate!

-A

Unknown said...

I follow you! Shit, man. Give me some credit.

Jim said...

Sorry Kate. I meant my only official "follower." Must be becuase he has a blogger account. Now that I've alientated 95% of my readership...

Unknown said...

Hi Angela! Good idea...you're so smart. Let's get off this blog and go hang out somewhere fun.

Jim said...

Sniff. (Ed.)