1/23/09

Flight


Crazy busy day at work but I had to post this before I forgot about it.

My Mom (Mom-Mom) watches the boys all day Friday, bless her heart. They love their time with her and she always finds creative ways to occupy them. As I've mentioned before, Vincent currently has a deep and abiding love for costumes of all kinds. As I've also mentioned before, Vincent currently has a deep and abiding love for the story of Peter Pan.

You put those things together and you've hit gold, Jerry.

So I checked in today to see how they were all doing and my Mom mentioned that they had just arrived home from the Christmas Tree Shop - someplace I've never been but have heard all about. She said, "They had wings we had to buy." As in costume wings. As in something that can make a 4 year old boy fly in his imagination, just like Peter Pan.

Then she relayed that on the way home, Vincent said, "Mom-Mom, now my dream can come true." To which she replied, "What dream, Vincent?

"Now I can fly."

No comments: