1/14/10

Perspective

January can be tough. Long days. Short nights. Cold. And I think it's actually 65 days long as opposed to 31. That's just been passed, I believe.

So for people like you and me that aren't big fans of January, it takes a nice little light of perspective to say, "Hey Jim. Stop it. Things are fine. Wear a scarf and deal."

This week, that perspective was coming home to Peter asking me to blow up this Whoopee Cushion again and again so he could, "make toot sounds."

He'd put it on the couch and hop on top of it, erupting in laughter. He'd squeeze it between his hands. He'd just walk around with it.

And it was great. It's the little things. Thanks, pretend flatulence device.

Reason #4,567 why I love my kids.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

There is just something about the Whoopee Cushion that brings endless joy and stress relief. Did you know that it is also called a poo-poo cushion?