11/24/09

Peter Camus


I've written previously about the random thoughts that kids, Peter in this instance, always seem to verbalize. It's one of the simplest, most unexpected pleasures of parenting.

You want an example? Sure. I've got a couple. With Pete, it usually happens just before I leave his bed to let him fall asleep. He'll be chillaxing with BlankiePaci and suddenly pop Paci out of his mouth, turn to me and whisper something like this.

"Dad. Dad. Do squirrels eat flowers?"

or

"Dad. Dad. Dad. Whennnn. Ummm. When I drop my ketchup on the floor. At McDonald's. Who cleeeaans it up?"

What's great about it is that we both get a fun little existential quiz every night. It's the little things like this I think about at this time of year. Thankful as hell for them.

2 comments:

bookslut said...

nice posts. good thought. i clicked next blog on the top of my blogger bar and this came up.

the view your kid has is one i once had but now have not. i wonder how it would be if he kept developing himself with teh questions he asks. im alot less inquisitive now

Jim said...

Hey bookslut. Thanks for commenting. Yeah - existentialism does seem to peak at young ages, huh?