5/22/08

Living With Family, Breaking Things


The Move, Part I last weekend was exhausting and sad but settlement on our old house went really well and we're done.

While our bodies are at my parents' house for the next couple of weeks, our stuff is spread out in a few different places - the PODS facility in Oaks, PA, Rose's Mom's basement, my parents' basement & garage, the Denny's down the street, some random abandoned van in West Chester, the tennis court at that weird apartment complex near here, and under my desk at work.

The boys are handling things really well. They're vacationing at Mom-Mom & Grampa's for 3 weeks! We said goodbye to our empty house and everything. I think Rose and I felt it more than they did although I have a great photo of Peter in full on "WHAT IS HAPPENING?!" pose. I'll post it when I find my camera.

Interesting side effect of being exhausted and disoriented: breaking stuff. For some reason, I've broken a sugar bowl lid, a small porcelain vase and a small section of a recently re-caned wicker rocking chair at my parents (My Mom swears it wasn't re-caned properly). What does this mean?

No comments: