3/27/08

Charming 3 Bedroom Colonial Twin Available!


Well, it's official. We're selling our house.

We signed the paperwork tonight with our realtor (who also happens to be a longtime dear family friend) and it's going on the market. We've been planning it for months - moving stuff from the basement and the garage - but now it's real.

It's real, Jim.

Sorry - as with most major changes in life, I have to take them slowly. This one's particularly unsettling because we'll be showing the house, having to scoot the boys out quickly, keep it relatively straightened (ha!), the whole bit.

Vincent is fine with it. He knows he'll be going to a bigger house and will get to sleep in the same room with his brother - something he's totally on board with.

But it's me that's having the issues. We've been here 5 years. We brought both boys home to this house. It's our first house. And I'm a sentimental bastard.

Oh well - it's all about the adventure, right? So you'll probably hear a whole lot more about this over the next few months. We could show it as early as this weekend, so prepare yourself for a hilarious missive about some jerk who's asking me about how much my oil bill is every month.

Okay. Time for another beer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow; I can't believe it's been 5 years. Best of luck with the whole transition -- I'll be thinking of you guys!

-jules